Thursday, June 23, 2011

KiSsSs your cracked lips GoOdByeEee!!!

HeLlOoOo My LoVeLiEs!!!

A common problem that I face is dry and easily cracked lips.  I prefer the nude, baby-soft pink tones for lipglosses && I really appreciate the thicker && longer lasting stickiness of  various lines of glosses (Personal FAV = MAC).
However, because my lips peel, the lighter toned lipglosses show the loose skin && conflicts with the thick stickiness of the gloss.  This bothers me for some reason because I want that flawless smooth shine hehe!!! 

I tried the quick && easier way of applying moisturizer before my gloss but depending on the gloss color, the loose skin still shows through && creates an uneven texture on my lips.

So, instead, I tried applying moisturizer to my lips before I go to sleep so that it can "go to work" while I'm sleeping.  For me, I need this extra treatment time so that my lips can be fully moisturized.  It's really wonderful because I can wake up with smooth lips ready to be glossed && left with a super silky smooth shine (^.*)

Here's my top three *go-to* moisturizers that I use:


Moisturizer 1 - Paul & Joe Alice in Wonderland Special Edition Lip Treatment Stick 
Moisturizer 2 - MAC Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15
Moisturizer 3 - Lioele All Night Moisture Lip Essence 

For *Night* use, I will sway more to the Lioele Lip Essence just because it is almost like vaseline, with a very thick consistency that will last && moisturize throughout the entire night.  Also has a fruity jolly rancher candy scent. 

The MAC Lip Conditioner is great, especially as a lip protector from the sun because it does have SPF protection from UVA/UVB.  Also has a light vanilla scent. 

The Paul & Joe Lip Treatment Stick is also very effective as it is cute (packaging sucker), it soothes && smooths to create a softer lip.  On non-lipgloss days, I use as a touch up treatment to add moisture to my lips throughout the day.

I would say I like them all equally because they all do their number one job of *Moisturizing*, but also have individual advantages as well.

I highly recommend using moisturizers if you suffer from the same easily crackable lips like mine!!!


Protect those luscious lips && give them the silky smooth shine they deserve (^.*) 
Till next time, please keep following!!! 
I feel a giveaway in the near near future (*^^*) !!! 

xOxO - LoVeLySh


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to start doing this...

LoVeLySh. said...

@ Liz - It really does work wonders (*^^*) and once you get into a routine of doing it, it becomes a habit hehe!!!

*mars* said...

great idea!!
where did you get the Lioele All Night Moisture Lip Essence?
also, i love your pic... beautiful!

LoVeLySh. said...

@mars- i got the Lioele product from prettyandcute.com! Lioele is actually a Korean brand product too! hehe!! thanks for the compliment XD !!!

Marxie ♔ said...

My lips tend to peel too thats why I apply Nivea lip care before going to sleep. I might try that Lioele all night moisture lip essence really good? Im thinking of giving it a try. :))

LoVeLySh. said...

@marxie - I really like the Lioele lip essence, but you can also get away with using vaseline (minus the sweet jolly rancher smell) hehe! Lioele is 12 dollars I think but it lasts long and does the job too ;P thanks for following !!!! <3

Marxie ♔ said...

No problem. I follow blogs that I like. hehe! :)
I hope we can be friends.
I'll find that Lioele product on ebay. :D

LoVeLySh. said...

@marxie- thank you so much!! of course we can be friends hehe!! I got my Lioele from www.prettyandcute.com!!! I'm sure ebay should have it too ;P <3

Marxie ♔ said...

yay! thanks! :))Do you have twitter? let's tweet. haha! here's mine: @QueenOfAegyo :))

LoVeLySh. said...

@marxie- I do have a twitter, but I don't really use it!! please stay tuned though I will be having an awesome giveaway really soon!! please tweet and help me get more *followers* thank you so much!!! <3