Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Fix: MAC Surf, Baby! Haul

HellOoo My LoVeLieS!!!

I just came back from a mini-vacay to Oahu && will be doing a post on that soon, but I wanted to get out to you all a *Quick Fix* of the MAC Surf, Baby! line that just recently launched && are in stores now!!! 

This collection is a nice introduction to summer.  It's very fun with an eccentric play of colors, also including a mini bronzing line that helps to enhance that *summer tan* we all aim for && even SPF tints to
protect those oh so precious lips (^.*) 
This line has really a whole variety of things, but here's just what I decided to pick up:


I have a weakness for lipsticks && glosses so I find those to be my *must* purchase from all the new lines. 
I picked up:
*Girl on Board* && *Good Lovin* in the LipGlass
*Naturally Eccentric* in the Lustre Lipstick


I prefer more of a nude/natural look on my lips and you can see that preference in the *Girl on Board && *Naturally Eccentric* which are both a very creamy nude which pairs well together.
However, I really love *Good Lovin* projecting a more coral creamy peach color.  Orangeish lips are extremely IN this season && can be seen throughout the fashion world, especially in magazine ads.  I personally can't pull of the orange-orange look, so I find myself falling into the coral/peach range && really enjoy the color play it adds to a look!!!

Lipglass: Top - Girl on Board, Bottom - Good Lovin

Next, the micro-fine cheek powder named *My Paradise* is definitely a go-to blush for suckers like me who love packaging && collectible eye-candy (^_~) !!! Isn't this packaging just gorgeous!!!  Almost too good to use.  It can be used as a soft subtle peachy glow to your summer tanned face or be built up for an enhanced glow.  Either way it's a beautiful color that encaptures summer.
**Also, the hibiscus gold will help to really make your face glow and produce a sun-goddess look**


A must have when playing in the sun is the SPF 20 Sun Tints.  We tend to forget protecting our sun-kissed lips when applying sun-tan lotion pretty much everywhere else.  This liquid lip-balm tint will not only protect your lips from the sunshine but also allow you to still look glossy chic.  Again I chose a near nude tone called *Lilt of Lily* which is a sheer && shiny soft creamy pale pink color.


And last but certainly NOT least... the limited edition Crushed Metallic Pigments in *Surf The Ocean*
These highly pigmented set of four colors are extremely smooth && easy to apply with not as much fall-out as the regular pigments.  This is a stackable set with four nautical colors:
 Titanium, Aquamarine, Bronze, && Graphite.
I chose this set over the other beautiful purple toned set because as you all know, I'm so into my navy && tiffany blues && just the nautical look in general hehe !!!
I'm not sure why, but this is the only piece from the line that didn't come with the Surf, Baby! packaging... kind of weird, but oh well!
**Also, when using *Bronze*, the color looks wet in the pot but goes on super smooth && a little goes a long way; along with all the other pigments use sparingly because the colors are super rich && pigmented!!!
It's a product that will most def last forever!!! (*^^*)


Lids on the Crushed Metallic Pigments

Without Lids- you can see the *crushed* texture of the pigments!!!

Swatches (L-R) - Titanium, Aquamarine, Bronze, Graphite

Hope you all enjoyed my *Quick Fix* on the MAC Surf, Baby! Haul!!! Please stay tuned to more fashion news, reviews, && hopefully a give away!!! Help me reach 50 followers for my first give-away (*^^*)

xOxO- LoVeLySh.


3 comments:

*mars* said...

love your haul! *^^*
this line definitely screams summer FUN in the sun!
yes, please follow and support lovelysh... come on people we need to hit 50! *^^*

LoVeLySh. said...

THank yoUUU my number one follower!!! your following helps to keep me going!! <3

Lady Bloom's Jewels said...

I love the eyeshadow pigments!! In love Alysha!! Thank you for sharing! I reposted on my FB your blog, I hope you get more followers love!!Now off to my spinach omelette! Have a splendid day!